Monday, February 22, 2010

PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM PIE

This may be my all time favorite dessert. I found the recipe over 30 years ago in a Pine Bluff Junior League cookbook called 'Southern Accent'. I don't know how many printings this wonderful cookbook has had to date, but it may be available still today. I carried it in my antique/gift shop in Old Town Hampton, Virginia, in the early 1980s.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie

Pie Crust

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped

Mix crumbs, sugar and butter, press into 9" pie pan. Chill.

Filling:

1 quart vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped

Beat ice cream and peanut butter until soft. Fold in whipped cream., Turn into prepared crust, freeze until firm.

Serves 6 to 9

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I definitely will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pie was awesome! I made two. One with a graham cracker crust and one with a chocolate crust. Everyone loved them both!

    ReplyDelete